1. These Terms of Business apply to any work done for the Client by Madeleine Thompson Virtual Assistant, hereby referred to as the Virtual Assistant.
2. The Virtual Assistant trades as Madeleine Thompson Virtual Assistant and can be contacted by telephone on 07939 246753, by email to email@example.com and by post at 13 Gladstone Way, Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, WA12 9WR.
3. The Virtual Assistant will provide service(s) as mutually agreed, confirmed in writing by the Client.
4. The Virtual Assistant will issue to the Client the Terms of Business and Data Processing Agreement for signing.
5. The Virtual Assistant will issue to the Client a copy of her Security & Data Compliance Measures for information.
6. The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by the Virtual Assistant using her own equipment.
7. The Client is hiring the Virtual Assistant as an Independent Virtual Assistant and there is no mutuality of obligation for future work.
8. The Virtual Assistant confirms that she is self-employed, is responsible for her own income tax and National Insurance contributions and will not claim benefits granted to the Client’s employees.
9. The Client will pay the Virtual Assistant an agreed fee for the job.
10. Communication during the work will be by telephone or by email.
11. Attendance at the Virtual Assistant’s work premises is not permitted.
12. Meetings at the Client’s premises or at a mutually agreed venue may be arranged by prior agreement.
13. The Virtual Assistant will keep in regular contact to update the Client on the progress of work and, where appropriate, will keep a record of time spent.
14. The completed work will be delivered on or before the date agreed, for the agreed fee, which will be based on the description of the work required and the brief, both supplied by the Client.
15. The invoice will be issued on completion of the work. Clients engaged on a retainer agreement will be invoiced monthly.
16. If the project is lengthy, the Virtual Assistant may invoice periodically for completed stages.
17. If, on receipt of the item to be worked on or at an earlier stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, the Virtual Assistant reserves the right to renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
18. Similarly, if, during the term of the Virtual Assistant’s work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, the Virtual Assistant may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
19. An additional fee may be requested if a fast turnaround is required. This will be discussed and approved by the Client before any work is undertaken.
20. Should ongoing project work be suspended or delayed through any default of the Client, the Virtual Assistant shall be entitled to immediate payment for work already carried out and expenses incurred.
21. All postage, printing and other expenses bought on behalf of the Client’s business will be added to the invoice for reimbursement.
22. Any travel expenses incurred for the work will be added to the invoice for reimbursement, including travel to Client meetings.
23. Final checking of all work supplied is the responsibility of the Client.
24. Any errors must be reported within three (3) business days of receipt of completed work. Errors generated by the Virtual Assistant will be rectified in her own time and at her expense. Amendments or alterations requested by the Client thereafter will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
25. Unless agreed otherwise at the outset, payment will be made within 14 days of receipt of the Virtual Assistant’s invoice, according to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (amended 2002 and 2013).
26. All payments are to be made by bank transfer.
27. No further work will be undertaken once an invoice has become overdue.
28. The Virtual Assistant is committed to confidentiality and will ensure that the nature and content of the work will be kept confidential and not made known to anyone other than the Client without prior written permission.
29. On completion of the work and payment of the invoice, the Virtual Assistant will delete the work from her systems.
30. The Virtual Assistant confirms she is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Reg. ZA281849).
31. The Virtual Assistant confirms she has Professional Indemnity Insurance provided by Markel (UK) Limited and is insured against claims up to £100,000.
32. The Virtual Assistant confirms she has Cyber & Data Risks Insurance provided by Markel (UK) Limited and is insured against claims up to £50,000.
33. Either the Client or the Virtual Assistant has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
34. In the event of any dispute, the Virtual Assistant will endeavour to resolve the matter amicably in the first instance.
35. This agreement is subject to the laws of England and Wales, and both the Virtual Assistant and Client agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
36. In the event that a dispute is not able to be settled, the Client may seek recourse through the EU’s online dispute resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.